One Iowa trains staff and volunteers for organizations and institutions, both large and small. Trainings prepare participants to embrace LGBTQ staff, clients, students, and community members. Programs may be tailored to suit the needs of health care providers, local and federal agencies, law enforcement facilities, legal and HR groups, corporations, small businesses, and more.
One Iowa provides LGBTQ Safe Zone designation training for organizations and individuals. We can also help your organization develop LGBTQ-inclusive policies and practices to ensure a welcoming environment for all.
Whatever your goals, One Iowa has the knowledge and expertise to deliver an affordable, quality program.Schedule an LGBTQ Inclusivity training
LGBTQ Inclusivity Trainings Offered
As of January 2022, we are doing training via zoom with limited in-person training opportunities.
Types of Training
- LGBTQ 101
- LGBTQ 201
- How To Be a Good Ally Nonbinary in the Workplace SafeZone (6-8 hours)
- LGBTQ Jail School Training
- LGBTQ 101 and Healthcare Best Practices
- LGBTQ 101 and Dental Best Practices
- LGBTQ 101 and Mental Health Best Practices
- Trans and Nonbinary 101
- LGBTQ 101 and Employer Best Practices
- Trauma-Informed Care and the LGBTQ Community
- LGBTQ-Affirming Direct Service 101
- Policy Review
Prices and Rates
- $500/hour for businesses
- $250/hour for non-profits
- Do you want to implement the information you learned in our LGBTQ 101 and Workplace Best Practices training? One Iowa staff is available to provide consultation services, including employee paperwork, onboarding, and HR processes review.
- $250/year (roughly 5 hours of consultation total)