Support LGBTQ Iowans This Giving Tuesday
Today is Giving Tuesday, a global day of community giving. It has sparked a movement uniting people around the world.
As you participate in today’s movement, I’d like to ask you to support our state’s movement for LGBTQ Iowans by giving to One Iowa.
One Iowa’s work for LGBTQ Iowans includes:
- Training hundreds of health care professionals, employers, and law enforcement officials each year to give them the tools to treat LGBTQ people with respect and dignity
- Hosting annual events focused on the needs of older LGBTQ Iowans, LGBTQ health, and LGBTQ-inclusive workplace culture to educate Iowans about our community’s needs
- Helping LGBTQ Iowans access resources in their area, find inclusive services, and letting them know they are not alone
Your tax-deductible donation will give us the resources necessary to continue and expand this important work.
There are multiple ways for you to give to One Iowa today:
- Visit our online Giving Tuesday hub to make a donation or sign up to volunteer.
- Start a Facebook fundraiser and encourage your friends to give. The Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation is matching the first $2 million given to nonprofits through Facebook, so your gift may be matched!
- Make a pledge by calling us at 515-288-4019.
I encourage you join me in sharing your #GivingTuesday story on social media today. Stories move people, and it’s important to put a face and voice to why LGBTQ equality in the heartland is worth fighting for.
Please join One Iowa’s #GivingTuesday movement today. Thank you for all you do for LGBTQ Iowans.
One Iowa Executive Director