Filling out the Census? Some Advice from Our Families Count!

Some advice from the Our Families Count website for same-sex married couples:

The Census form asks you to list the person who owns or rents the house as “Person 1” and then indicate how everyone in the household is related to “Person 1”. In order to be counted as a same-sex couple, one of the partners must be listed as “Person 1”. Same-sex couples who have been legally married or consider themselves to be spouses should identify the other person as a “husband or wife”. Those terms fit some – but certainly not all – LGBT households.

For more information go to the Our Families Count website.